PRE SURGERY PRECAUTIONS AND ADVICE
- Avoid cuts and scratches to the limb scheduled for surgery. If any injury occurs, please notify the rooms ASAP.
- Arthritis and Blood thinning medications will need to be ceased a few days prior to surgery. This will be discussed and advised when booking a procedure.
- Any other Health issues / concerns should be notified to the rooms.
- If you are over 50 years of age you will require a pre-surgery ECG. You will be given a request form for this when booking your procedure.
- Joint replacement patients will require blood tests a few days prior to surgery. Request forms will be given to you when booking the procedure.
Medications To Avoid
Prior to Surgery
If you are unsure if any of your medication is safe or not to take prior to surgery, please call the clinic for exact advice on this.
Please also let Dr. Lane prior to surgery if you are Diabetic.